|Name||Japan Organization of Occupational Health and Safety(JOHAS),
Yokohama Rosai Hospital
|Address||3211 Kozukue-Chō, Kōhoku-Ku, Yokohama City, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
Postal Code: 222-0036
Tel: 045-474-8111 Fax: 045-474-8323
|Founder||Toru Aruga, Director, Japan Organization of Occupational Health and Safety(JOHAS)|
|Hospital Director||Satoshi Umemura|
|Number of beds||650|
Internal medicine departments: Department of Hematology/Department of Nephrology/Department of Oncology/
|Facility size||Site area: 65,501㎡
Sick wards: first basement level, 10th floor aboveground, 2nd floor tower
Central clinical building: first basement level, 4th floor (aboveground), tower
Administration building: first basement level, 5th floor (aboveground), tower
- Provides high-level medical care for workers' accidents, workers' medical care, and community healthcare
- Implementation of specialized medical services for brain disorders and circulatory conditions
- Implementation of emergency medical treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Implementation of comprehensive mental healthcare
- Implementation of high-level and specialized medical rehabilitation
- Implementation of clinical training for newly graduated doctors
- Assistance with the training and education of industrial physicians, lifelong education for local medical associations
Salutation from the Hospital Director
Yokohama Rosai Hospital was established in 1991 as the core hospital for medical institutions in the northeastern area of Yokohama City. The hospital is one of the largest in the city and is recognized for its excellence in medical care. The Japan Organization of Occupational Health and Safety, operating 34 Rosai Hospitals, nationwide, is our parent organization. As a leading hospital in our group, we strive to deliver health care that is patient-oriented, enhancing patient confidence and satisfaction. Our hospital is designated as the Regional Cooperating Hospital for Cancer Treatment by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, is an accredited hospital of the Japan Council for Quality Health Care, and enjoys many other designations and accreditations by various institutions.
Our mission is to “provide medical care for workers,” “implement high-level medical care,” “advance emergency medical care,” “support regional medical services,” “establish safe patient care” and “train competent medical professionals.” The entire hospital staff will work together to further achieve our vision of providing patients a “friendly and positive environment” at our hospital.
We are confident the Yokohama Rosai Hospital can offer satisfaction in medical care to patients with our 365-day, 24-hour emergency medical services, the latest facilities with highly advanced medical equipment leveraging our cutting-edge medical technology, and our team-based, coordinated medical care.
Major Designations and Approval
- Designation as a medical institution subject to Japan's health insurance laws: Health Insurance Act, National Health Insurance Act, Public Assistance Act, laws relating to the prevention of infectious diseases, Physically Disabled Persons Welfare Act
- Designation as a medical institution associated with Yokohama City, Kanagawa Prefecture: Medical aid for pediatric diseases of specified categories, Hepatitis B mother-to-child viral transmission, designated institution for medical and infant care services, uterus and breast cancer screening, specified precision health screening
- Designation as an institution for clinical training: Clinical training hospital, hospital for the advanced clinical training of foreign medical practitioners, dental clinical training hospital, cooperative clinical training hospital (Yokohama City University, Tokyo University,Chiba University)
- Training facility for various academic society physicians and certified physicians